Discovering and sharing the most peculiar aspects of Lisbon is what excites us the most in this project that was born in 2017.
We develop knowledge about the material and immaterial cultural heritage of Lisbon, which we share on our website in weekly articles.
getLISBON differentiates itself, offering comprehensive content with a great focus on the most unknown and peculiar aspects.
Our target is the reader who seeks to know the origins, history, curious facts and original and unknown observations that the city provides.
Thus, we are guided by creative, appealing, accessible and, at the same time, rigorous and trustworthy content.
Our aim is to:
- Constitute ourselves, effectively, as an active agent in the cultural promotion and enhancement of Lisbon’s heritage;
- Contribute to the construction of future memory, leaving a testimony of today’s Lisbon;
- Make known, internationally, of the wealth of this city, with the publication of articles also in English.
We have recently created two new series, of a different nature, which greatly enrich the content of our website:
- Lisbon in Us – a space for first-person stories, where the common denominator is the city and its human heritage. The way we live it, how we see it, the importance we give to it, the unusual stories, the memories, the feelings…
- getLISBON invites – came about as a result of the idea of turning our cultural project into a broader space for sharing knowledge. Here, authors from different areas are challenged to publish their work, always with the city of Lisbon as the main topic.
In 2021, for the first time, we had the support of the City Council of Lisbon. For us, this is the recognition of the quality and constancy of our work and, without a doubt, a motivation for us to continue promoting Lisbon’s heritage.
All this effort and knowledge sharing is meaningless without our readers. Be part of this project by contributing with your opinions here! 🙂
Gracinda e Teresa - Two Friends, One Project
At that time, in order to capture some images for the photography course, we decided to venture into Alfama. We were looking for picturesque corners and unique details.
At the time, we were far from imagining what the future held for us…
From then, life gave us many experiences and learning opportunities, such as Image and Communication (Gracinda) and History of Art (Teresa).
After over 30 years we returned to the same place to celebrate our friendship and our project, getLISBON (started in 2018).
Here we share our passions with you, including unusual, curious and meaningful details about this storytelling city that has fascinated us for so long.
Join us on this adventure!
P.S.: Thank you to our friend Isaura and our guest of Lisbon in Us, Ryoko Inamura, who took the pictures in 1987 and 2021, respectively.
SIGN UP FOR
Subscribe now to get notified about latest articles.